Well, today is the last day of school before the break, and one of the worst apocalypses I’ve ever experienced…
But, with all the extra time I now have with the world not ending, I can fit in a blog post!
The impending Christmas holiday (1 hour and 19 minutes from the time I write this) will give us all a chance to recharge our biological batteries and come back renewed for 2013. I really don’t make resolutions, but I think it wouldn’t hurt to think about things I need to remind myself about often. Nothing profound here, just some thoughts as this is probably my last blog of 2012.
1. Don’t ever forget who we work for – Parents and students!
2. Remember complaining doesn’t get the same results as conversation.
3. I am the only person I ultimately have any control over. If I’m looking for change, I have to make it happen.
4. If it is to be, it is up to me. (words I definitely try to live by)
5. Everyone has their reasons for doing what they do – don’t be too quick to judge.
6. If a job seems overwhelming, set a small goal to start with.
7. Be welcoming… ALWAYS
9. Take time to think. Think before you talk.
10. An apology goes a LONG way!
I hope everyone reading this has a great Holiday, no matter how long or short it is!