Blogging as Reflection.
Using an ongoing reflective tool like a blog helps to make a PGP a living document. it makes it an evidence based process, not a file that is referred to when reminded to do so. All of my blog entries are tied to the Principal Quality Standards.
GOAL A:Developing and Facilitating Leadership: “The principal promotes the development of leadership capacity within the school community –- students, teachers and other staff, parents, school council for the overall benefit of the school community and education system. ”
- To effectively mentor my vice-principal and encourage all staff in the leadership journey.
- Meet regularly with VP to discuss the new role
- Discussions around VP PGP
- Conversations with all teachers around leadership goals
- Blog posts
- Personal reflection
- Feedback from VP and other staff
- Observations of growth in VP and other staff
GOAL B: Leading a Learning Community: As discussed in Alberta Education’s document on the Principal Quality Standard, a principal that leads a learning community “nurtures and sustains a school culture that values and supports learning.”
- Improve my own skills in collecting, analyzing and using data
- Assist the staff in the job of being teacher researchers
- Ensure PLC time is allotted on our monthly PD Days
- Encourage PLC groups to meet at other times
- Train staff in the necessity of data collection to drive the decision making process.
- Use Data to guide PLC decisions and to encourage teams to take risks
- Allot time for teachers to observe in other classrooms. Encourage teachers to take these opportunities
- Admin PLC group based on Evidence informed practice in Balanced Literacy
- PLC Feedback forms – are they thoughtfully completed?
- Have teachers taken risks? This will be evidenced by feedback on PLC forms and in PGP discussions
- Have I met with PLC teams to discuss learnings and risks that have taken place?
- Are teachers becoming data gatherers? Are teachers viewing themselves as researchers?
- School Based PD
- School Based PLCs
- Classroom Visits
- ERLC PD